These days’ people are opting for electric gate actuators instead of regular actuators. Also, it is being considered to integrate the electric motors using the current gates instead of purchasing a whole new system. This not only helps in cutting the budget but also creates a lesser commitment than opting to design a new electric actuator. The electric actuator provides a better security to your house and can increase of any machine. This enables the user to enjoy the functionality as the motors are detachable.
There are several reasons that go for and against the choice of buying an electric actuator. However, the benefits outnumber the disadvantages.
Five Reasons Why You Should Buy an Electric Actuator:
- Security Purposes: The electric motor gates provides more security than the manual counterparts and so are more efficient.
- Aesthetics: The automatic electric motor gates are more aesthetically pleasing than their manual counterparts and so, the investment is fruitful.
- Wireless Control: Due to the presence of integrated GSM kits, one can control the gate from a distance using one’s phone.
- Convenience: Owing to the high mechanism and technicalities, it is a very convenient decision to install electric actuators.
- Advantages of Each Type: Depending on whether one chooses an above the ground operator or an underground gate operator, there are many options available in making a convenient decision.
The functioning of electric gate operators depends on the type chosen. The system can provide a better security than an ordinary one. Therefore, it is important to make a proper choice according to the expectations of the buyer. As already mentioned, there are two types of gate operators. Following are their categories and respective functioning:
- Gate operators above the ground: These type of gate actuators is placed on pillars or through tracks, that is, at the plain level. The purpose of above the ground gate operators is to slide the gates while opening.
- Under the ground gate operators: These operators have venture gate operators that are used to open the gate at an angle of ninety degree. They are hence placed beneath the driveway path.
It is the wish of every homeowner to choose the best gate opener but at a pocket-friendly price and without going for many complications. There are available in the market these days, a variety of gate openers and this variety owes to their capabilities, specifications and limitations that are added too. Hence making a choice among all the available varieties is a difficult task. Some of the important considerations that are required to be made:
- As different types of electric gate actuators are available, one must consider the weight, height and material of your gate or shutter so that the actuator that is purchased is capable of holding the weight of the gate.
- The location of installing the actuator is also to be considered because upon the location will depend the need of a remote controlled, or an opener operated by the computer or whether an access card is to be enabled.
- One must also consider the source of power. This will help the operator to run, such as whether solar energy or any particular electric supply or battery packs is being used.
- One should make use of the varieties offered by suppliers and should consider the size and design of the operator.
- The other important factor that needs to be considered is the security of the device.
Lastly, The Basic Configurations That One Must Look For In The Electric Actuator Are:
- The feature of auto-close
- Soft start/stop operation
- If different types of power operations are available
- A powerful motor for the actuator
- The availability of programmable codes for remote control
- If it is light to the range of heavy application
- High temperature resistance, wind and heavy rain.
With proper research, the choice to make among the available varieties of electric actuators will not be a tough one.