Do Not Eat Garlic in These Conditions
Know when to eat garlic is harmful for health
In both Ayurveda and Allopathy, eating raw garlic on an empty stomach in the morning is said to be very beneficial. Along with this, its use in vegetable and in the form of chutney is also beneficial. But in some circumstances, the use of garlic can do harm instead of benefit. Let us know which are the situations when we should abstain from eating garlic.
If garlic has so many benefits, then it is bound to have disadvantages or side effects. Below are some of the disadvantages of garlic overdose.
Precautions and harm in eating garlic: when to eat and when not to eat
It is harmful if taking birth control pills – Eating more garlic can reduce the effect of birth control pills.
It is harmful if pregnant – Garlic heats up. Eating too much during pregnancy can lead to miscarriage.
It is harmful if taking homeopathic medicine – Those taking homeopathic medicine should not eat garlic. This does not affect the effect of the medicine.
It is harmful if you are going to have surgery – eating garlic makes the blood thinner. Excessive bleeding may occur during surgery.
It is harmful if there is an allergy problem – Those who are allergic to garlic, their problem can be aggravated by eating garlic.
It is harmful if you are taking blood thinning medicine – Garlic thins the blood. If you are already taking this kind of medicine, then the problem may increase.
It is harmful if there is a problem of low BP – eating more garlic can lower blood pressure. Don’t eat if you already have problems.
It is harmful if there is anemia – eating garlic can cause hemolytic anemia i.e. lack of hemoglobin.
It is harmful if there is liver problem – If you already have liver problem then do not eat garlic. Eating too much garlic can aggravate the problem.
It is harmful if there is a problem in the stomach – if the stomach remains disturbed. If there is a problem like ulcer, diarrhea, then garlic should not be eaten.
- Some people are allergic to garlic and when those people eat it, it is common for them to sneeze, itchy eyes, itchy skin, and skin rashes. Therefore, those people should avoid consuming garlic.
- Burning in the mouth or burning in any part of the body is the harm caused by eating too much of it.
- If you have swelling of your face, lips, legs, throat or other parts of the body after eating it, go to your doctor immediately.
- Difficulty in breathing can also be a side effect.
- Smell from the mouth and body is also a side effect or harm.
- Abdominal distension, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain are also common due to excessive consumption of garlic.
- Difficulty in speaking and vision problems can also occur due to excessive consumption. Apart from this, some people also have internal bleeding.
- Garlic may also reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills.
- Garlic is a natural blood thinner so it should not be taken with blood thinning medicines.
- It can also reduce the effect of medicines given in HIV/AIDS.
Your skin and body are just as different as you are. We strive to provide you with accurate, safe and professionally verified information through our articles and social media handles, but always consult your doctor before trying any home remedies, hacks, or fitness tricks.