Heat-Resistant Conveyor Belt: A Quick Overview of Heat-Resistant Conveyor Belts
The term heat-resistant conveyor belts refer to a belt that is used to transport material from one location to another at temperatures above 60 degrees Celsius. It is fabricated using heat-resistant quality rubber. These Heat Resistant conveyor Belt are also oil and mineral resistant. They’ve found favour in a variety of businesses including those that handle materials like coke, sinter, clinker, phosphate, and a variety of others. These belts come in a variety of types.
Heat-resistant conveyor belts are classified into the following categories:
To choose the best heat-resistant conveyor belt, consider not only the material temperature to be transmitted but also the conveyor belt’s surface temperature. There are different kinds of heat-resistant conveyor belts according to Indian standards. These categories are as follows:
- HR-T1 heat resistant conveyor belts: These heat resistant conveyor belts are intended for conveying material at temperatures ranging from 100 degrees Celsius for fine materials to 125 degrees Celsius for coarse materials. Foundries, paper mills, and power plants are some of the industries that use heat-resistant conveyor belts.
- SHRT2 heat resistant conveyor belts: These heat resistant conveyor belts are designed to transport material at temperatures ranging from 150 degrees Celsius for coarse material to 125 degrees Celsius for fine material. Pellet, clinker, coke, are some examples of these heat resistance conveyor belts.
- SHRT3 grade heat resistant conveyor belts: These kinds of heat resistant conveyor belts are suitable for conveying material at peak temperatures of 180°C and continuous temperatures of 150°C. It is primarily employed in high-temperature applications. Phosphate, cement, sintered ore, and other materials are examples of these heat-resistant conveyor belts.
When carrying high-temperature material, the temperature of the belt surface increases due to contact with the material, on the return trip, the heated surface is naturally cooled by air, resulting in a surface temperature that is considerably lower than that cloth temperature.
A conveyor system continuously carries and transports commodities, often in an industrial or regulated environment. A belt operates by utilizing two motorized pulleys that loop over a long stretch of solid, durable material. The belt goes between the two when the engines in the pulleys spin at the same speed and in the same direction.
Features of Heat-Resistant Conveyor Belt
- Extremely high tensile strength
- Durable construction& Anti-corrosive
- Resistant to wear & tear when exposed to heat.
- The purpose of using Resistant is to protect the conveyor belt from cracking or hardening caused by heat.
- Abrasion-resistant cover rubber compound with excellent heat resistant
- It is designed to protect the conveyor belt from surface cracking and heat hardening.
- Fabric that has been specially heat-treated and dipped to reduce carcass shrinkage caused by heat aging.
- When exposed to heat, the cover rubber, and core body forms a strong bond.
How can heat-resistant conveyor belts be made to last longer?
When the conveyor belt runs back from the head, the cooling system must be set up with a conveyor line. The cooling system must make the conveyor belt’s temperature cool down as quickly as possible, which is usually done with a strong fan or by spraying cold water on the surface of the belt, particularly in steel plants.
- If the conveyor belt abruptly stops operating, the carried heat material must be removed immediately.
- The surface temperature of the conveyor belt must be monitored and inspected regularly to ensure that it does not rise unnecessarily.
- Verifying that the heat-conducting material is distributed evenly rather than clumped together.
- Avoiding any oil-based material from being sprayed on the surface of a heat-resistant conveyor belt, as this will severely damage the belt.
- The conveyor belt connection method should use heat-resistant glue.
To summarize, there are many producers and suppliers of heat-resistant conveyor belts on the market, but the Rubber conveyor belt is the best option if you want the highest quality of these belts. We are a leading Heat Resistant conveyor Belt Suppliers in India. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you want any additional information. We are a professional team of experts who can provide you with high-quality materials while staying within your budget.