Introduction – Ladakh is a popular tourist destination and a backpacker’s paradise. The place is known for its breathtaking views, friendly people, and beautiful landscapes. The place also has some of the best budget and 5-star hotels in Leh Ladakh. So, if you are planning to visit this amazing place on your own then here are some tips on how to find budget hotels in Ladakh that can help you get started.
- Find out about the location of the hotel before booking it – You need to check out the location of the hotel before booking it. This will help you find out how accessible it is from different parts of the city. You should also check whether there are any major landmarks near the hotel or not. This will help you decide if you can visit these places by yourself or not. In this way, you can easily find budget hotels in Leh.
- Check out their reviews online – Doing a quick online search will give you an idea about what other people think about the hotel and its services before booking it. You can even post a review yourself after staying there if you had a good experience!
- Decide on the type of room that you want – There are different types of rooms available, both with shared bathrooms and private ones. Shared bathrooms are cheaper than private ones but come with the risk of sharing them with strangers. Private rooms cost more but give you complete privacy. If you’re travelling alone or with just one or two other people, then go for a private room. If you’re travelling as a group, then go for shared bathrooms because they’re cheaper and more convenient.
- Look for rooms with good reviews and at an affordable price – If you are planning to visit famous places like Hemis monastery or Tsomoriri Lake, then choose a hotel near them so that it will be easier for you to reach these destinations. Remember that most hotels offer free pickup and drop facilities from their premises so don’t worry if your budget hotel is located far away from any tourist spot.
Here are a few budget hotels where you can plan your stay –
Budget Hotels in Ladakh –
- Gomang Boutique Hotel – This hotel is located near the centre of Leh town and has an amazing view of the mountains from its rooms. The rooms are well-equipped with basic amenities such as a television, tea/coffee maker and an attached bathroom with hot running water. The staff is also very friendly and helpful at all times which makes your stay even more comfortable!
- Hotel Glacier View – Hotel Glacier View is located on the banks of the Indus River in Leh city centre, just a couple of minutes’ walks away from the Leh Palace complex. It is one of the best view hotels in Leh. There is also a restaurant at the hotel serving Indian cuisine along with Chinese food options for guests who prefer non-vegetarian food over vegetarian fare. The in-house bar serves cocktails in addition to tea/coffee drinks throughout the day as well as late into the evening hours for those who want to unwind after a long day’s sightseeing expedition around the Ladakh region or elsewhere in India too!
- Hotel Nalanda Ladakh – Hotel Nalanda is one of the best-known hotels in Ladakh. It offers luxurious rooms at an affordable price range. The hotel has a good location and is easily accessible from all parts of Leh city. The rooms at Hotel Nalanda are spacious and well-furnished with all necessary amenities such as hot water supply, air conditioning system and television set among others.
- Hotel Lingzi – This is a budget hotel located in Leh town, Ladakh region which is known as ‘Little Tibet’. It provides excellent accommodation services at affordable rates. The hotel has well-furnished rooms with all the necessary amenities required by guests. All the rooms are well maintained and cleanliness is taken care of by the staff members round the clock. It is one of the cheapest hotels in Leh. So, you can think of planning your stay here.
- Spic and Span Hotel – If you are looking for a budget hotel, then Spic and Span Hotel will be the ideal choice for you. It is located at Gomti Nagar which is just 2 km away from the airport and 15 minutes from Jammu Bus Stand. This hotel has 24 rooms that are equipped with all basic amenities like TV, AC, and hot water. The food served here is also delicious and reasonably priced.
- Hotel Sia Residency – The hotel Sia Residency is located in Leh, which is the main city of Ladakh. It has an ideal location near the Indus River and offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. It is one of the well-known budget hotels in Leh. The rooms at this property are spacious and have all modern amenities including air conditioning, hot water supply, cable television and Wi-Fi access. Moreover, guests can enjoy delicious food at the hotel’s restaurant which serves local delicacies along with international cuisine items such as Chinese food and Indian dishes like chicken curry etc.
- Hotel Malik Residency – This hotel is located near the main market area of Leh city centre. It offers well-maintained rooms with all basic amenities like room service, hot water supply etc at reasonable rates. The staff members are also friendly and helpful towards their guests.
Conclusion – The Ladakh region is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. If budget is important to you, the information highlighted above should help you find suitable accommodation for your trip. It’s not difficult to find cheap 5-star hotels in Leh Ladakh with good amenities. A little research paired with a healthy dose of flexibility can lead you to great places to stay at affordable rates. What are you waiting for? Add this trip to your travel bucket list now and get packing.