General awareness or GK is an integral part of any management entrance exam. Still, many aspirants don’t read it; they mug up the topics. The qualifying marks for general awareness are less; even many candidates fail during the GK exam. GK doesn’t have any specific marks weightage, but it’s essential for candidates to clear the entrance exam.
- General awareness topics for different entrance exams
|Entrance exams||Topics of general awareness|
|IIFT||Books and authors, Current Affairs, Economics, Geography, History, Politics, Science, Sports.|
|CMAT||Static GK- Authors and Books, Economy, Brands and companies, History of India, and Geography Current affair- Economic current affairs, Government schemes, Current award and prizes, Issues on environment, International news, Sports, Automobiles, business, finance, and politics.|
|SNAP||Static GK- Brands and Companies, Indian politics and constitution, History, Geography economy, Sports, and Technology and science Current GK- News related to business, Indian politics, Sports, History and Organizations.|
|XAT||Business and Economics, Economic market, Abbreviations of business, Awards, Popular personalities, Authors and Books, Sports, Organization, Technology and Politics.|
|MAT||Static GK- Brands and Companies, Indian constitution, Organizations, Geography, Technology and Science, and Sports. Current GK- Development in Science and Technology, Business news, Sports, History, Personality in News and miscellaneous.|
Facts about general awareness topics in entrance exams
- General awareness of IIFT- The general awareness section in this exam is known to be the most challenging section. The most important topics covered this section is Company logos, current affairs from business, different policies of the government, sports, different currencies, and about the stock market. This section is difficult because it consumes a lot of time and the difficulty level is moderate to difficult. From 18 questions candidates can consider 4-5 questions as moderate and other 4-6 as difficult ones. Therefore candidates have to prepare well before appearing for the GK section in the exam.
- General awareness of CMAT- This section in CMAT is termed as a critical section during the exam. The weightage of the general awareness section in CMAT is equal when compared to other parts. The questions are tricky, and candidates can attempt it or leave it, there is no other option. There is no limit as you can take advantage of time and can solve other sections. Easy to moderate is the difficulty level, and candidates can score better. Candidates should study GK topics and current affairs, previous year exam papers, and newspapers to know about political and business news.
- General awareness of SNAP- GK question in SNAP is a moderate one and consumes less time. The SNAP carries the weightage of 20% so candidates should prepare for the GK section. There is no appropriate time limit for the GK part which is beneficial for students to utilize in any other section. SNAP GK section doesn’t consist of calculations, but the theory is important. Business news, political affairs, and technology are the essential topics that cover this section. The general awareness section is helpful because it contains proper weightage and can equal the marks if the other parts are weak of candidates.
- General awareness of MAT-The Current GK section is based on the news while the Static GK consists of is vast, but it’s easy if candidates do it smartly. The ‘’Indian Year Book’’ is the best medium to learn about Static GK. The GK section of current affairs consumes less time and it’s easy to understand. Candidates should refer magazines such as ‘’Success Review’’ and ‘’ PratiyogitaDarpan’’ while preparing for the exam. Around 10 to 20 minutes is allocated for GK MATand candidates should be quick enough to clear the GK section because the other sections of this exam consume a lot of time.
- General awareness of XAT-The GK topics of GK XAT are easy to moderate, and this section consists of 25 questions. All the questions gradually take 8-10 minutes. The best and easy way to clear this section is to read the newspaper and magazines. Candidates should know all the news related to business about the past 2 months. Management and business magazines are one of the best sources of the latest news and updates. But studying in the end will ruin the whole exam, it’s better to study months before the exam.