A new year begins with a lot of hope and making travel plans. If you are looking to travel this year then the UK has to be your top choice and you need to start planning your trip as early as possible due to the high demand for a UK visitor visa.
The UK high commission has requested all travelers to plan their visit to the UK at the earliest possible since the UK visitor visa application is rising and you could expect some delay in processing your visa application.
UK visitor visa application purpose
You may be wanting to travel to the UK for some leisure and some business activities or both. You may be simply wanting to travel and spend time with your family and friends in the UK. That is where the importance of having a clear purpose for travel is needed. Your UK visitor visa application will ask you about your purpose of study and only then can you move forward with the application.
There are various purposes of visiting the UK or your unique purpose of visiting the UK.
The UK visitor visa can be applied for these purposes:
- You could travel with family or friends to meet your relatives in the UK
- You could travel for leisure to see a new country and spend time on a solo trip
- You could visit the UK as a part of transit travel enroute to another country
- You could travel to the UK to take part in some voluntary activities such as helping any NGO, charitable organisation.
- You may have to go to the UK as a part of business activities
- Your school exchange programme could also be a reason for you to travel to the UK.
- You could take part in any recreational activities or course in the UK for upto 30 days
- You could travel to pursue a short study course up to 6 months such as foreign language courses.
- You may travel to the UK to do placements
- Travelling as an academic, doctor, or researcher
- It could be a trip for a medical check-up, organ donation, or a medical surgery.
Visits for Business purpose
You must apply for a visitor visa for business purpose if your intention of activities in the UK are as follows:
- Attending meetings, interviews, conferences or seminar
- A meeting pertaining to a contract
- Attending the trade fair but you are not permitted to sell any item.
- You may visit the UK for work .
- related training which is not available in your Home country.
- You may also go to the UK to give training to the employees of other companies working with you.
Visit for short term study course
- You may pursue a short term study course for upto 6 months.
- Short term research for your course
- You may visit the UK to appear in any exam
- Pursue any unpaid clinical attachment
Visit for medical treatment
You may also visit the UK to get medical treatment or surgery or donate an organ to any family or friend.
Make an application
You need to apply online with relevant documents as per your purpose of the visit and the pay according to it.
The fees for different types of visits are as follows:
- For leisure and tourism purposes: £95 for 6 months
- For medical purposes: £190 for up to 11 months of stay in the UK
- For academics: £190 for up to 12 months.
Legal assistance may help you
Getting your visa may appear very difficult especially when you are not familiar with the process. A legal assistance from UK immigration solicitors can benefit you in many ways. A Y & J Solicitors help you with bespoke services and advice. They not only guide you through the process but also keep you informed of any changes pertaining to you case.