Prominent Information To Know About Shot Blasting Machine
Even if you’ve heard of “shot blasting,” you might be curious as to what it is and what it has to offer. Simply put, the metal industry uses shot blasting to polish, clean, or strengthen (peen) metal. As the shot travels through the air, it’s propelled by a turbine that generates the necessary acceleration.
Shot blasting is a technique in which metal is shot at another metal surface to remove surface contaminants.
Not to be confused with sandblasting, which uses the same process. However, sand is used in place of a shot, which is more common. It is used in many industries, including the steel and aerospace industries. As a result, it is frequently recognized as one of the most effective and cost-efficient tools. Here you will get to know all the details about Shot Blasting Machine.
Shot Blasting Machine – Benefits:
- Shot blasting removes the non-eco-friendly chemicals on a surface, leaving a clean, polished, matte finish that is safe for the environment.
- Metal workers can also employ shot blasting to guarantee that the steel surface is free of imperfections or flaws.
- The surface coating on a shot-blasted piece of steel will endure longer than one that is not shot-blasted.
- Metal surfaces can be effectively cleaned of rust.
- A 75% reduction in the time it takes to prepare the surface for the following process.
The reasons outlined here are why the Shot Blasting Machine is still used in some sectors. When it comes to metal surface preparation, shot blasting is an efficient method that keeps the metal free of chemicals while being practical. All of this expedites the delivery of your product!
Technologies being used in Shot Blasting Machines:
Shot Blasting utilizes two technologies, namely, Air Blasting and Wheel Blasting.
Techniques such as air blasting are employed by Shot Blasting Machine manufacturers in India to achieve the desired effects on metal. The blast room, or “blast cabinet,” is where the Air Blaster gets its air pressure. Compressed air from the compressor powers the air blast machines designed to introduce tiny glass beads into the mix. On the other hand, Air Blasting Machines can be classified as either gravity suction or direct gravity blowers.
The injected shots are recirculated in the air blasting machine’s dust accumulator, where they are suctioned and separated from the foreign matter before being injected again. The dry method is favourable to the environment. Wet blasting is a technique that utilizes a water-based media mix in addition to the traditional blasting media for specific technical purposes. In a blast cabinet, compressed air is used to accelerate the blast media, sprayed out of the nozzles in the component.
Using centrifugal force, a wheel blasting method uses an abrasive to scour a surface without needing compressed air or gas. A high-velocity, high-efficiency blasting process using shorter time cycles occurs when the wheel rotates at a speed of 3600 RPM. Metal abrasives, such as steel and stainless-steel shots, grit, or cut wire, are used in this blasting due to the high speed and high velocity.
The wheels of the electric motor are continuously rotated to transform the motor’s energy into abrasive kinetic energy.
There is a range of 60 kg per minute to 1200 kg per minute in the capacity of each wheel. Wheel blasting machines are used to clean huge components or portions of parts that need to be cleaned at the same time as essential parts. Instead of using air to propel the abrasive against the areas of the blasted surface, this blast operation approach utilizes a wheel with centrifugal force.
Shot Blasting Process:
- With a unique impeller design, the blasting efficiency can rise to 16-19 kg per minute x watt.
- As the top cover is cast iron and worn rubber with two layers covering and sealing it, it provides a protective liner and sealing.
- Because the bottom of the blast wheel includes a cushioning rubber that lowers vibration, the noise level is lower.
- Carburized and quenched 40 cr material are used in the runner wheel. A balance detection process must be completed once the runner has been processed.
- The CNC center is responsible for machining all of the critical elements of the rotating mechanism to ensure precision and balance.
- There are eight blades on the machine, which may be removed in about five to ten minutes. The abrasion status of the impeller can also be checked.
- Since there are less than 8 grams between each piece of the blade to maintain optimum balance, the wheels work at their optimal level.
- Compact and high-throw dish impeller wheels are used in this system.
Why Choose Us?
From castings to forgings to fabrications to coatings, Surface International, has perfected the technique of shot blasting and sandblasting. We manufacture many different shot blasting machines, including Portable Sand Blasting Machine, Tumb Type Shot Blasting Machine, Cabinet Type shot blasting machine, Blast Cabinet, Blast Room, Spinner Hanger Type Shot Blasting Machine, and many more. We have been India’s leading Shot Blasting Machine suppliers for over a decade.
- Shot blasting machines are used for what?
Using a centrifugal blast wheel, a steel shot is shot at high velocity onto a surface during the shot blasting process. Using this method, the surface is blasted clean of dirt and other detritus. A hopper feeds the blast wheel with various shot media, such as steel shot, chopped wire, and nut shells.
- What is the purpose of shot blasting before painting?
Painting, coating, etc., preparation. Shot blasting is a technique that utilizes high-velocity abrasive particles (65-110 m/sec) to remove surface contaminants by impacting them with abrasive force.
- Does shot blasting machine remove rust?
In shot blasting, microscopic stainless-steel particles that look like buckshot are hurled at the metal workpiece to remove rust, grime, and other hardened impurities. Surface deburring, shaping, and texturing are all possible with it.