SEO of blog sites is very important nowadays. If you want to start a free blog, then for this follow the following steps:
- Choose an appropriate domain name for your blog: Choose a good domain name that reflects the topic of your blog and helps people remember it easily.
- Choose an appropriate topic: Choose a good topic that is important to people and can motivate them to visit your blog.
- Choose good images for your blog: Choose good images that are related to the topic of your blog and help to understand your article.
- Keyword Search: Find the appropriate keywords for your blog that people search for on the internet.
- Update the blog: Update your blog regularly to keep it fresh and on top.
What is SEO?
SEO is a digital marketing tool used to make a website or web page more likely to move up in search engine rankings. Through SEO, the information of a website or web page is made easily available to search so that it is not available for a more unfair or competitive search.
For SEO, some useful techniques are used to make the website or web page more discoverable. These techniques can be as varied as keyword research, proper title, increasing your website speed, website optimization, and social media updates.
The main objective of SEO is to make the website appear at the top of the list suggested by the search engine as possible rather than in a more inappropriate search. If SEO is done well then it brings more traffic to the website.
1. Choose a Blog Language
Choosing the language of your blog is very important. It depends on the goal of your blog, according to your target audience and on the basis of the language of your articles.
You should keep two things in mind when you choose the language of your blog:
- Target audience language: Who is the main target audience of your articles? What is the purpose of your articles? Think about this and keep in mind that your articles should reach the people you want to target.
- Your writing language: Choose the language in which you can write better and have good writing skills.
The language you choose should be easy to understand and accessible to people using the Internet.
2. Do Keyword Research
Keyword research is very important for your blog. Through Keyword Research, you can choose keywords for your blog articles that will help your articles appear in search engines like Google. You can do Keyword Research by following the following steps:
- Understand the goal of your blog and your articles. You decide what is the purpose of your blog and what is the purpose of your articles. This will help you make a list of topics for your articles.
- Understand your definite target audience. Find keywords that provide information in your articles to the target audience you want to target.
- Use Keyword Research Tools. Some keyword research tools can help you find keywords.
- Google Keyword Planner
Select the appropriate keywords. Select keywords that are related to the topic of your articles and that match your goals and targets.
3. Add the Main Keyword in the Title
Including your main keyword in the title of your blog post can help your blog to get higher in the search engines. Follow the steps given below:
- Understand the topic of your blog post and choose the main keyword for it.
- Write your title and include your main keyword in it. If possible, make your keyword the first word of the title.
- Keep your title under 60 characters so that it can be fully displayed by search engines.
- Use catchy titles such as “10 Simple Ways to Decorate Your Home” or “5 Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Home” to make the title catchy.
It is very important to include your main keyword in your title, but do not overdo it with keyword stuffing. Probably having only one keyword in the title of your blog post is enough.
4. Keep Content-Length Longer
It is a good idea to increase the length of your blog posts which is important for the SEO of your blog. Follow the steps given below:
- Write in detail on the topic of your blog post. Try to give as much information as possible in your blog posts.
- There is no set rule for length, but in general, a length over 1500 words is more effective.
- Writing long posts requires time and knowledge. So take time to write long posts without mistakes.
- Use different sections such as introductions, examples, tips, advice and related videos to increase the length of your posts.
- Use high-quality images in your posts. High quality images will help to make your post more attractive.
5. Use Images or Videos in all posts as well
Using images and videos in blog posts is important for the SEO of your blog. This will give your readers a better understanding of the topic and will find your blog posts more favourable. Follow the steps given below:
- Use high-quality images in your blog posts. High quality images will help to make your post more attractive.
- Using videos will give your readers a better understanding of the topic. Through video, you can tell your readers in a clear way what is the real meaning of your topic.
- Optimize the images and videos in your blog posts. They should be related to the topic of the post and should help in understanding the topic.
- Use captions to explain what the images are about your subject.
6. Write a post description
Writing meta descriptions for your blog post is very important for your SEO. A meta description is the summary information of your post that tells users about your post. This makes it easier for people to understand the gist and main topic of your post.
Follow the steps given below:
- Mention the main topic of your post in the meta description as well as the main keywords used in your post.
- The length of your meta description should not exceed 155 characters. It will generate maximum attraction by containing the specific topic and keywords.
- Use clear language in meta descriptions so that it is not difficult for users to understand your blog post.
- Try to summarize the main message of your post in your meta description so that it
7. Link Other Posts
Adding links to other posts in your blog posts is very important for the SEO of your blog. This helps in improving the quality of your post and getting more traffic.
Follow the steps given below:
- Include links to other related posts on your blog in your posts. You can choose how you want to include links to other related posts, at the beginning or end of the article, depending on your needs.
- A great option is to add links to your posts from other blogs and websites related to your blog. This increases the quality of your post and brings more traffic.
- While adding links make sure that you are adding links from other related posts only. It is better to add links to posts related to the main topic of your post.
8. Use Blog Logo & Favicon
Using a logo and favicon for your blog is very important for your blog’s SEO.
It gives a distinct identity to your blog and helps users to remember your blog.
Follow the steps given below:
- Design a logo that matches the theme of your blog. If you are not a logo designer, you can use websites like Canva, DesignEvo, etc.
- Create a favicon that matches your logo. This is a small icon of your blog in a browser tab. If you are not a designer, you can use websites like Favicon.io, Canva, etc. to create a favicon.
- Add a logo and favicon to your blog. For this, you select the icons compatible with the theme of your blog and use them for your blog.
9. Always Enable HTTPS
HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) is a secure communication protocol that provides a secure data envelope between users of your blog. Using HTTPS encrypts all the data communicating on your blog thus protecting users’ data from hacking.
You can follow these steps to integrate HTTPS in your blog:
- Purchase an SSL/TLS certificate that provides secure data communication for your blog. You can use various certificate providers like GoDaddy, Bluehost, etc. for this.
- Install the certificate in your blog. Most hosting providers have this option available in their dashboards.
- Enable HTTPS in your blog. For this, you have to go to the settings of your blog and select the “HTTPS” option.
- Update all HTTP URLs to HTTPS URLs. If your blog has any HTTP URLs
10. Use Question Hub
Question Hub is a free tool developed by Google that you can use to help you answer all the questions people are looking for related to your blog’s topic. This tool gives you a list of all the questions other users have asked on Google which you can use as your blog post.
To use this tool you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the website of Google Question Hub.
- Type in a few words or sentences related to your blog topic.
- You will see the list of all the questions asked related to your topic.
- To answer questions related to your topic, write a new blog post or a paragraph in your existing post that answers the question.
- In this way, by answering people’s questions through your blog posts, you
11. Submit your blog to Search Engines
Submitting your blog to search engines makes your blog useful for search engine ranking. You can submit your blog through these steps:
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console is a free tool that helps you link all the pages of your blog to Google. This tool checks for problems with your blog and provides you with instructions on how to fix them. You can submit your blog to Google using this tool.
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Bing Webmaster Tools is also a free tool which helps you to submit your blog to Bing and Yahoo search engines. You can submit your blog to these search engines using this tool.
- Yandex Webmaster: Yandex is also a big search engine which is very popular in Russia. Yandex Webmaster helps you to submit your blog to the Yandex search engine.
Blogging is not child’s play. It takes a lot of hard work and patience to get successful in blogging. Success in any work is achieved only by continuous hard work. I hope you have liked the complete process of SEO of our blog free blog.