Choosing a cot, whether for your baby’s first bed or to replace a cradle, is a huge decision. You’ll have to think about things like appearance and functionality, as well as safety features. Because your baby will spend the first two to three years of their life in a cot, consider it an investment – one that is built to last and is the safest cot available.
To keep cot time safe, keep it away from windows, drapes, and any cords that the baby could use to pull himself out of the crib or that could strangle him or her. We understand that selecting the correct cot with useful features is the first step in ensuring your baby’s safety and well-being. You can purchase newborn baby beds online.
The various tips you must follow while choosing the best baby cot are listed below:
- Safety Rails: These beds are constructed such that none of the sides may be moved or opened. This is the most traditional cot bed design. Beds with drop rails might be a great way to keep parents from getting back pain. Rather than bending down and taking the baby out of the cot, simply lower the rails using the locking system at the end of the rails.
- Convertible Cot Beds: Convertible cot beds are a convenient option because they may grow with your child. They also assist toddlers in acclimating to sleeping in a larger bed. Those with adjustable safety rails benefit from a number of features. They reduce the chance of a youngster falling while also giving them more independence.
- Choosing the Right Material: Fixed-rail cots are either made of solid wood or have a plastic coating around the edges. A growing number of manufacturers prefer to treat infant cots with natural, allergen-free waxes for environmental reasons and to prevent health difficulties in youngsters.
- Style Matters: You don’t want to put an old-looking, boring crib in the nursery after months of preparation. In the end, your choice of cot will be a matter of personal preference. Whether you’re putting together a nursery or putting a crib in your own room, you’ll need to consider style.
- Comfortable Mattress: Most infant beds do not include a mattress. Avoid suffocation by sleeping on a firm mattress. The mattress and the cot must be the same size. If at all feasible, choose organic cotton for the baby bedding set.
- Used Cribs: Used cribs should be avoided. According to new evidence on drop-side cribs, re-assembly is frequently done incorrectly, putting the baby at risk. Hardware that is missing or worn out might also be a concern. Several crib manufacturers have gone out of business in recent years, leaving you with a used, recalled crib and no one willing to take it back. So, if you’re looking for a used crib, proceed with caution.
- Convertible Cribs: The convertible crib is perhaps the most popular crib on the market. Many purchasers like convertible cribs because they may be converted into toddler beds or full-size adult beds. Cribs designated 2-in-1 to serve two purposes, while that labelled 3-in-1 serve three.
When it comes to buying a crib for your infant, you can be confident that there are safe cribs available at every price point. You can go crib shopping via going crib online in India. The most difficult task will be ensuring that you give yourself enough time to find a crib, have it delivered, and put it together.