As we all know that coronavirus has impacted our daily life a lot and slowed down all the routines. Not only that, this pandemic has affected millions of people, who get sick and are killed due to this deadly virus. The most commonly seen symptoms of this virus are myalgia, cold, cough, fever, and difficulty in breathing as it mainly affects the lung. This virus is increasing day by day and spreading from country to country not even one region is spared by this deadly virus. Thus, gatherings are being stopped. People are told to wear masks along with social distancing but still there are things lacking. But after all these steps some people are being affected and it can be managed by taking the help of Ayurvedic medicine. In this article, we are going to discuss the benefits of Ayurveda in protecting the body and lungs from the coronavirus.
Our lungs are one of the organs that are working hard on a daily basis and filtering air 24/7. Basically, a normal human being breathes 12 to 16 times per minute which means 18,000 breathing per day. The lungs are constantly working to fill our body with oxygen and maintain normal functioning of the body. Just like other parts of the body, the lungs are also prone to wear and tear. Coronavirus is one of the viruses in which lungs are being affected very badly and causing damage to the inner lining of the lungs. Not to worry here are some Ayurvedic methods and herbs that will help in protecting your lung and making it strong as well.
Here Are Ayurvedic Tips for Healthy Lung to Fight Coronavirus:-
These are the steps and methods that will keep your upper respiratory system healthy
Nasya: –Our nose is one of the doors or pathways to enter the medication into your system other than the mouth. Medicines that are taken through the nostrils directly affect the mind and they should always be administered on an empty stomach. There are various types of Nasya including
- VirechanaNasya where dry herbs are used which helps in cleansing and Brahmi, Vacha, or Jatamansi is one of the commonly used herbs. This will help in treating headache, cold, runny nose, and any infection which is common in the coronavirus.
- BruhanaNasya is nutritive in nature and especially helps in balancing the Vata dosha. It helps in strengthening the nose and making it easy to breathe. The substances commonly used are ashwagandha ghee, Shatavari ghee, and other oils. It helps in clearing the throat and reducing weakness.
- ShamanaNasya where medicated decoction is used to help the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha to balance.
- NavanaNasya where fresh juices, oils, and decoctions are mixed and used on the basis of aggravated Dosha.
- MarshyaNasya in this method normal cow ghee or almond oil with the help of a little finger is inserted into the nostrils. The oil is then massaged which is helpful in relieving the stress and opening the channels.
How to administrate?
The first thing to note is to stay on an empty stomach and should be done before showering or exercising. Lie down on the bed or any flat surface and tilt down the back. After that put 5 drops of the medicated oil in each nostril. Sniff the oil deeply and lie for a minute, let it penetrate.
Oil Pulling/Gandusha: – Humans normally breathe through the nose and mouth. The nose has a mechanism of filtration where the foreign material does not enter into the respiratory system. In the mouth, it does the same by removing all the toxins from the mouth. Not only has that it cleansed all kinds of bacterial growth.
Oil pulling is simply a practice of holding the oil into the mouth and swishing around for 10 to 20 minutes. It helps in preventing infection of the throat and is great for the upper respiratory system.
Swedana: – This means body heating where the temperature is increased and it is one method included in Panchakarma. In this method, the patient lies in a closed steam chamber and this helps in warming up the body. It is one of the most common procedures used in Ayurvedic hospitals because it is very effective in removing toxins from the lungs. In homes, you can simply use a steamer which will melt all the doshas and pollutants in the overall respiratory tract.
Diet: – In the Ayurvedic diet is one of the important things to follow and it is an important way to maintain good health. In patients with Covid, it is told to follow the Kapha diet which says to avoid any kind of oily, heavy, or fried food. Instead, it is told to consume food that is warm by nature like turmeric, cardamom, turmeric, etc. Including these things will help in strengthening the immunity and respiratory system and fighting the coronavirus naturally.
Immunity Boosters: – Including Ayurvedic herbs in the diet will help in boosting immunity naturally and keeping all kinds of viruses away from the body as well. Here are some herbs that are found easily and this includes:-
- Giloy: – It is one of the best herbs for boosting the immune system and making it stronger as well. Giloy will help in eliminating all kinds of viral infections from the body and not only that it is especially recommended to corona, positive patients.
- Ashwagandha: – It is one of the best adaptogens that reduces stress and increases immunity. The daily consumption of this herb will help in making the body vulnerable to any kind of viral infection. This is one of the most recommended herbs during this time of pandemic as it is very helpful in reducing the risk of contracting an infection.
- Tulsi: – Also known as holy basil is one of the wonderful herbs very commonly found in Ayurvedic medicines. This aromatic leaf not only smells good but is also very effective inpatient who suffers from low immunity. It contains antiviral and antibacterial properties which is naturally beneficial for people with coronavirus. Along with that, it has antioxidant that helps in locating the germs and destroying them as well.
- Neem: – It is one of the widely respected herbs used for boosting immunity in Ayurveda. It is very beneficial in keeping the body safe from all kinds of infection. It contains antibacterial, antiviral as well as anti-fungal properties, along with that it removes toxins from the blood as well as from the lungs.
- Moringa: –Moringa is packed with Vitamin C which is well known for building immunity stronger. Due to its nutrition, it is helpful in strengthening the muscles, tissues, and cells as well. This herb is high in iron, calcium, potassium, and amino acid as well making it naturally good for health.
All the above-mentioned articles give knowledge about Ayurveda and its healthy effects on the body. It is important to maintain mental and physical health as well during this pandemic time, in order to face this pandemic. Ayurvedic tips will not protect you from corona but will also make the lung stronger as well as healthier.