The Delhi Aadhaar number has become an important document for any proof of citizenship in India. The central government issues a 12-digit unique identification number to Indian citizens. It also includes the person’s name, address, mobile phone number, photo, and biometric information.
If you don’t like the photo, you can change it. The responsibility for issuing and managing Aadhaar numbers has been delegated to the Unique Identification Agency of India (UIDAI).
UIDAI previously provided an online facility to update the name, address, mobile phone number, and photos on the Aadhar card. But now the online process only applies to address changes. For other changes, such as name, mobile number, birthday, email address, and photo, you must process it offline. There are two options for photos. The first one can go to the nearest registration center, and the second one can apply to change the photo. By post.
Follow these steps to change the Aadhaar photo
- First of all, go to the official website of UIDAI in the Get Aadhaar section and download the Aadhaar enrollment/update form.
- After that, fill in the form correctly and submit it through the Aadhaar Registration Center. .
- Your fingerprints, retina scan, and photograph will be re-captured at the enrollment center.
- To get your Aadhaar information updated, you will have to pay a fee of Rs 50.
- Once you have accepted the application to update the photo, you will be given a URN or update request number.
- With this number, you can track your application online.
- The required data will be sent to UIDAI Corporate Office. You get a new Aadhaar card with the updated picture in about 90 days.
Change photo like this through the post
- If you do not want to go to Aadhaar Seva Kendra, you can get your Aadhaar Card improved or updated by writing to the Regional Office of UIDAI.
- For this, go to the UIDAI portal and download the ‘Aadhaar Card Update Correction’ form from there.
- Now you fill in all the information asked in this form.
- After that, write a letter to update the UIDAI regional office’s name Aadhaar card.
- Attach your self attested photo (by signing) with its letter.
- After this, post both the form and the letter to the UIDAI office.
- Within two weeks you will get a new Aadhaar card with a new photograph.
Search for the next-door Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Sewa Kendra on the official UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in/ as shown below